- Waterborne poaints containing formaldehyde releasing biocides can cause yellowing
- Alkyd-oil paints can cause yellowing
- Aggressive VOC's like aceticaldehyde and formaldehyde
- Fresh wood should be avoided since it contains quite a lot of different organic products
- for example should contact with EPDM and Neoprene be avoided
- extremly high pH cleaners affects the silicone backbone
-Bitumous and asphalt products can affect silicone depending composition. Need not to be in direct contact for possilbe migration products to reach a silicone.
- The construction silicone sealants do not withstand the affect of constant imersion in water