Wolf Group has developed an insulating foam with a unique spray nozzle for insulating all surfaces that is fast, comfortable and environmentally friendly to use.
In an energy-efficient building, the solutions of external structures are carefully designed to reduce heat losses and eliminate unplanned air leaks and cold bridges. However, there are many places in buildings where the use of conventional insulation materials is not possible – frame corners, narrow and uneven surfaces, and areas behind pipes and wires. This is where the spray foam is of great help, often being the only solution. The combination of its special formulation and spray nozzle produces foam with a unique texture, which is characterised by high soundproofing, thermal insulation and very good airtightness. The thickness of the insulation layer is optional, and the number of layers is not limited. As the content of free isocyanate monomers in the product is almost non-existent, the application of the foam is safe for your health and the environment.
10 problems that can be solved by sprayable foam
1. Surface repair work of façade and wall insulation at external boundaries of the building. Sprayable insulation is ideal for use in all possible corners, protrusions and recesses, curvatures and gaps in an indefinite shape or for filling holes for which it is not easy to find suitable material or a convenient installation method. An airtight foam layer applied to the external boundary of the building provides efficient protection against cold and wind. Although the formula provides the product with a high UV resistance, the installed foam must still be covered to protect it from weather impact.
2. Condensate on cold surfaces. The generation of condensate on cold surfaces – on the outer surface of tanks, pipes or vessels, is the common problem. Cold water pipes “drip” or are covered with water droplets. The solution to avoid condensation of humidity on cold surfaces is sprayable insulation foam.
3. Insulation of water and ventilation pipes. In buildings where pipes run in unheated cellars or rooms, condensation and heat loss are a problem. To ensure the good condition of pipes, they must be properly insulated. As the pipes are round in shape and their diameter varies to a great extent, installation of wool is common, but this process can be extremely tedious. Sprayable foam is a particularly ideal solution to cover irregularly shaped and uneven surfaces.
4. Insulation of small buildings. For a hobby builder, insulation of insufficiently insulated rooms, including sheds, garages, attics, cellars and balconies, with sprayable foam is much more convenient than using insulation boards and rock wool. There is no need to worry about transport and fastenings, as insulation can be applied to the surface directly in the workplace in the desired size and thickness.
5. Outdoor pet houses and kennels. There are fancy puppies and free-range chicken in Europe whose houses have been insulated by using sprayable foam.
6. Insulation of a motorhome or van. When insulating a van, the surface to be insulated is not very large, but there are many recesses and corners where it is difficult to install insulation boards. With a spray applicator, which is compatible with most foam pistols, it is easy to access such areas.
7. Minor corrections to roof insulation. Difficult areas to insulate are all kinds of assemblies and the intersection of lines of different planes. Due to the inclination angle there are inconvenient places in the roof, which are impossible to access for insulation purposes. In addition, a roof window is also problematic. Roofers often see poorly fitted roof windows. Disassembling them is a big task and besides, there are a number of jobs in which case it is not possible to install wool. Insulation in a can, which can be produced on site to insulate narrow gaps, is a solution roofers have been waiting for years.
8. Increasing the use comfort of uninsulated roof spaces. Roof spaces with an uninsulated street roof, such as garden houses or children’s playhouses, tend to start to drip heavily in the case of a big temperature difference. These situations occur especially often in spring, when the roof is covered with snow and the temperature of the roof is around zero when the air in the shelter can already be plus ten. Condensate is generated on the bottom surface of the steel sheet, which causes dripping. In order to escape this problem it is a good idea to insulate the street roof.
9. Car tuning. Sprayable foam is used by companies dealing with vehicle tuning, where cars are made more beautiful, more powerful and technically better. Here sprayable foam is used inside to reduce driving noise and when rebuilding the audio system.
10. Insulation of a bath barrel. An insulated bath barrel warms up twice as fast, saving money, energy and time. Normally, a special service provider should be called to provide external insulation to the plastic part of the barrel. By using sprayable insulation, the work can be done by the owner at a suitable time.
Wolf Group’s brand PENOSIL product portfolio includes spray foam under the name EasySpray, which was premiered at the Baltic construction trade shows this spring.
PENOSIL EasySpray sprayable foam
• Unique sprayable insulating foam.
• Works in conjunction with the nozzle supplied with the product.
• Suitable for use with most foam guns.
• The foam expands 100%.
• Sold in ten countries worldwide.